We are looking for a compassionate & team-oriented Nurse Practitioner to work in our In-Patient Palliative Care Consult program. In this role, our APRN would work in collaboration with physicians, and other palliative care team members, in an in-patient consult service to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patients and families. In this role, our APRN would see new palliative care consults and follow up on existing palliative care admitted patients throughout the Stamford Hospital setting. Our APRN would also have the opportunity to provide routine palliative care teaching to patients, family members, and newly hired RNs for Stamford Health.
Work Schedule: Fulltime, 37.5 hours per week; Monday through Friday 8a-4p; no weekends/on call required.
- Licensed to practice in state of Connecticut
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required
- Certified as Nurse Practitioner required
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience required. Clinical nursing care in palliative care/hospice, oncology, pain management, geriatrics, intensive care preferred
- Minimum of 2 years palliative care APRN experience required
- Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (ACHPN) certification highly preferred; expectation to obtain ACHPN certification within 2 years of start date required