Locum Oncology Nurse Practitioner - West Hartford, CT - 13 weeks, all inclusive - 221713 (23782272)
- Job Type: Temporary Full Time / Outpatient
- Duration: 13 weeks assignment
- Facility Salary: $80 per hour – All inclusive. No overtime or Holiday.
- **Must have previous mixing chemotherapy therapy**
- Applies evidence and value-based practices to achieve positive outcomes for patients and families.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise by utilizing advanced assessment and leadership skills.
- Evaluates patients on a daily basis and ensure the plan of care is implemented
- Provides culturally diverse and educationally appropriate health management education.
- Facilitates patient-centered coordinated care through participation in daily interdisciplinary team rounds and staff RN patient rounding.
- Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff, patients/families, and other multidisciplinary team members across the continuum to evaluate complex patients and identify appropriate interventions and evaluation of outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to staff for addressing clinical, process, and system opportunities for improvement which promote excellence in care and clinical outcomes.
- Builds credibility with medical staff as nursing experts for patient care, quality of care, and the profession of nursing.
- Facilitates discharge of patients in a safe and timely manner
- Collaborates with consulting physicians to coordinate the care of complex oncology patient
- Evaluates/assess hospital transfers and admissions.
- Identifies educational needs of patients/families and collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to implement appropriate teaching materials.
- Works closely with collaborating physicians to provide quality care
- Actively engages in research as a primary investigator or co-investigator.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Board Certified Advanced Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Must have Oncology experience. Mixing chemotherapy therapy.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in Palliative Care or Hospice
- Current valid CT State Professional Nurse Practitioner License
- Board certification in Advanced Hospice and Palliative Care a plus
- Position requires fluency in the English language to function in a job environment appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and follow-through skills
- Ability to have difficult conversations with patients, families, and physicians that result in the establishment of patient-centered goals of care
- Ability to work autonomously in the areas of patient care, resource management, program development and other areas of professional practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment, or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
Group has become one of the largest oncology physician networks in the United States and the largest in the Northeast. With approximately 700 employees at every level of Oncologic healthcare, it is committed to treating cancer patients with the highest-quality treatments and the highest-quality healthcare professionals.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC221713 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: brittmedical.com/search-current-jobs